Thursday, August 2, 2007

Almond Apricot Tart


Right around the time when Mini was going on her cherry pie reverie, I woke up with a craving for almond apricot tart. Which is sort of strange because 1)I don't know if I've ever had one before and 2) I don't really care for fresh apricots. However, I firmly believe that cravings are your body's way of telling you what your cells are starving for, and apparently my cells spent all night yelling "FRANGIPANI!!"

Almond Apricot Tart


4 tablespoons butter
1 cup sliced almonds (or chop them up)
1/3 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 egg
6 apricots, sliced in half and pitted


Preheat oven to 375F.

Prebake this crust and let cool.

In the bowl of your beloved stand mixer, place butter, sugar, salt and almonds. Beat until combined -- about five minutes or more. Scrape down the bowl, and then add the egg and beat to mix.



Spoon mixture into bottom of tart shell. Top with sliced apricots. Brush tops of fruit with butter. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the filling is golden brown. Let cool before slicing. Good with ice cream.


No comments: