Monday, June 11, 2007

Random Musing

I always hoped you would come along. Then one day, out of the blue when I least expected, you came into my life in a big, green wrapped box tied with a red ribbon. What would I do without you?

The joy I get hearing the roar of your engine as I power you on, the rrrrring sound the blade makes as it cuts through whatever lies in its path, whether it be thick or thin, big or little. How precisely you slice my cold cuts, cheeses and breads, 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch. Gone are the days of buying sliced meat from the deli counter or awkwardly holding a knife to get a straight cut of bread. I can now buy legs of prosciutto and bushels of bread with reckless abandon, knowing that you are waiting at home with blade sharpened. And oh how I notice the envious looks from guests as they nonchalantly admire your shiny silver metal rotary blade or the excitement in their voices when they ask if they may take a turn moving the guide back and forth as you create perfect slices of heavenly goodness. I am so happy that you are mine.

I love you, meat slicer.



1 comment:

mikeh said...

well written mini!